The Art curriculum at Watermore Primary School takes a broad and varied approach, with a focus on building skills and ideas rather than focusing on reproducing artists' work. Children are exposed to a wide range of artists from a variety of disciplines and are encouraged to take influence from these artists.
The artists children study have been carefully selected to be diverse as well as exposing children to some of the most influential artists.
Children are given opportunities to learn skills and gain knowledge across a range of artistic disciplines. This is approached in a cyclical manner, with children revisiting and building upon what they have already learnt.
- Year 1 Art KO Colour
- Year 1 Art KO Form Clay
- Year 1 Art KO Pattern Lauren Child
- Year 1 Art KO Texture Inuit Inspired Weaving
- Year 2 Art KO Clay
- Year 2 Art KO Colour Kandinsky and Thomas
- Year 2 Art KO Drawing Portraits
- Year 2 Art KO Painted Landscapes
- Year 3 Art KO Drawing and Colour Still Life
- Year 3 Art KO Form Recycled Sculptures
- Year 3 Art KO Printing
- Year 4 Art KO Form Clay
- Year 4 Art KO Iron Man Cover Art
- Year 4 Art KO Texture
- Year 5 Art KO Drawing
- Year 5 Art KO Form Modroc
- Year 5 Art KO Printing
- Year 6 Art KO Colour
- Year 6 Art KO Perspective
- Year 6 Portraits